National Academy of Sciences of Armenia

immagine per National Academy of Sciences of Armenia

The Academy of Science in Yerevan (NAS-RA), was founded on 25 November 1943, on the basis of the pre-existing Armenian branch of the USSR Academy of Science.  Well-known presidents include Hovsep Orbeli, the astronomer Victor Ambartsumian and Fadey Sargsian. The Academy conducts research in various scientific fields and into historic and social sciences. It coordinates research done all over Armenia and also provides consultancy and educational services. It works with the Genocide Museum and has contributed to all the research on the “Righteous for the Armenians”.  The staff numbers 3700 people; approximately a hundred are effective and affiliated academics, 26 are foreign members. They organize international conferences, seminars and meetings and are also actively involved in publishing in various sectors. They enjoy partnerships with research institutes all over the world.

preview

Multimedia productions set up to present characters, stories, places, events which marked the history of Europe and its neighbouring regions. 
Interviews, movies, documentaries, exhibitions, trailers.

preview

Original documents reproduced for reference.
Autograph sources, diaries, dedications, pictures, title pages, period articles, messages, phonograms, governmental, military and administrative clearances and orders, other archival exhibits.

Wefor is our Website dedicated to the figures of moral resistance against totalitarianism. The virtual Gardens of Europe’s Righteous and the teaching section YouFor are the core of this project realized by Gariwo, the forest of the Righteous. Through the establishment of the European Day of the Righteous by the Brussels Parliament, Wefor has received its highest recognition.