Il Memorioso theatrical show, a scene
Within the framework of teaching programme "Adopt a Righteous", the Association for the Garden of the Righteous (Associazione per il Giardino dei Giusti), in cooperation with Gariwo's Teaching Committee, for this year is proposing a training course about the Righteous, involving the teachers in the vibrant reality of a two-stage experience: first being introduced to the Garden of the Righteous and then watching a highly emotional theatrical show.
The goal is to stimulate teachers to propose and test in the classroom the validity of teaching pathways which have at their core some non-conformist, divergent patterns representing the best joint human efforts to advance towards civil coexistence.
Our approach to the experience with the Righteous offers young people some behavioural patterns that urge them to confront the ethical choices of their personal deeds within difficult contexts demanding them to take up responsibility, be brave enough to win over indifference and defend human rights.
This year we are going to offer teachers a direct field experience following this sequence:
- teachers' guided tour (upon booking) to the Garden of the Righteous on Monte Stella Hill on the days 8-10-11 September from 9.30 a.m. to 3 p.m. (any different date must be agreed upon), during which our Teaching Commission will make the participants aware of the physical room of the Garden of the Righteous and the different historical stages of a reality which has grown over the years, keeping the Memory of Good and where every year we honour the new Righteous based on a unifying theme;
- theatrical show Il Memorioso. Breve guida alla memoria del Bene, on 29 September 2015 at 3 p.m., in the Alessi Room of Palazzo Marino, the seat of Milan's City Hall. It consists of a monologue by actor Massimiliano Speziani directed by Paola Bigatto that, by telling some tales of the Righteous drawn from Gabriele Nissim's books, tackles the core of the subject, with a great capability to involve the audience. The show will be followed by remarks by Gabriele Nissim, Gariwo's chairman, a discussion with our Teaching Committee and a speech by the Vice-president of the association "Figli della Shoah" (Children of the Holocaust), Daniela Dana Tedeschi.
On 29 September we will also introduce our proposals for the year 2015-2016 targeting schools of any order and degree:
- visits to the Garden of the Righteous on Monte Stella Hill;
- participation in contest “Adopt a Righteous”, providing the production of artistic-literary works;
- presentation of the game-box "i sentieri dei Giusti” (The Paths of the Righteous);
- participation in the ceremony of 6 March, European Day of the Righteous, when stones will be unveiled and trees will be planted in honour of the new Righteous.
For further information and bookings please contact:
Segreteria Gariwo 02. 36707648