Seeking the truth
Studies and Research
This section publishes in-depth material on the concept of the Righteous as well as a comparative analysis of the exemplary figures in the various forms of totalitarianism. It is important to point out how such figures stood out all over Europe in very diverse circumstances and expressions: the ways in which the “Righteous” opposed Nazism and the Holocaust were very different from resistance to totalitarianism in Eastern Europe, characterized above all by dissidence. Just as denouncing genocides and other crimes against humanity, and testifying to truth as opposed to denial to safeguard the memory of the victims required yet another kind of commitment and courage.
In detail, this section contains specific “food for thought”, including:
- documents produced by the Committee for the Gardens of the Righteous;
- research conducted by experts (studies by university lecturers, conference papers, essays);
- university dissertations;
- conclusions of specially organized seminars;
- exhibitions which are online or reproduced from display panels, whose list is available for reference also at this link.
Ho appena studiato i Giusti a scuola e ne sono rimasto colpito. Farò tesoro di quello che ho imparato e non lo dimenticherò. Lorenzo
Una donna campione di tolleranza e rispettosa di tutte le identità
God Bless you!
Wefor is our Website dedicated to the figures of moral resistance against totalitarianism. The virtual Gardens of Europe’s Righteous and the teaching section YouFor are the core of this project realized by Gariwo, the forest of the Righteous. Through the establishment of the European Day of the Righteous by the Brussels Parliament, Wefor has received its highest recognition.